Sometimes we just need a night off!
Forget catering to guests,
and there’s no hope of getting off the couch tonight.
Tonight is a night for a good movie in the p.j’s!
But what do you conjure up for dinner when you’re feeling this way?
Something easy-peazy. . . .
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 large brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 small red capsicum, diced
- 1 small green capsicum, diced
- 2 cobs of corn, kernels removed
- 400g can diced tomatoes in juice
- 420g can four-bean mix, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 x 220g packet light corn chips
- 1 cup reduced-fat grated tasty cheese
- 1/2 avocado, peeled, cored
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Heat oil in a large heavy-based frying pan over medium-high heat. Then set the oven to preheat at 200°C. Add onion to the pan and cook, stirring, for 2 to 3 minutes or until onion is tender.
- Add red and green capsicum, corn kernels, tomatoes, beans and Tabasco. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes, or until vegetables are tender and beans are heated through.
- Arrange corn chips on heatproof serving plates. Sprinkle with half of the cheese. Spoon over bean mixture. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake for 10 minutes or until corn chips are crisp and cheese is melted.
- Place avocado into a bowl. Add lemon juice and mash. Dollop over dish and serve.