Finding that perfect winter handbag that will carry your bits and pieces whilst still making a fashionable statement is not an easy task.
The Dressing Room BAMBI bag range is sure to have you head over heels for all things leather and fur.
The printed fur is right on trend and the leather adds a luxurious classic touch which will make this your staple handbag of 2014.
Shop the look here!
Shop the look here!
Find the White version here!
Classic Black Version here!
Take a look at the reversible number here.
These look fun and taste great, there’s even a possibility of sneaking in some extra veggies without the kids knowing 😉
If you’re looking for a healthy snack be sure to give these a go (they are easier to make then they look)!
Inside Out Veggie Rolls
PREP: 30 minutes
- 1 cup sushi rice
- 1/4 cup Obento mirin seasoning
- 4 asparagus spears, trimmed
- 4 nori sheets
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons whole-egg mayonnaise
- 1/2 small yellow capsicum, thinly sliced
- 1/2 Lebanese cucumber, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 small carrot, peeled, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 medium avocado, thinly sliced
- Make sushi rice: Rinse and drain rice 3 times or until water runs clear. Place rice in sieve over a bowl. Set aside for 10 minutes to drain.
- Place rice and 1 cup cold water in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cover. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, covered, for 12 minutes or until water has been absorbed. Remove from heat. Stand, covered, for 10 minutes.
- Transfer rice to a large ceramic dish. Using a spatula, stir rice to break up lumps. Gradually add seasoning, lifting and turning rice, until rice has cooled.
- Bring a small saucepan of water to the boil over high heat. Cook asparagus for 2 minutes or until bright green and tender. Drain. Refresh in a bowl of chilled water. Drain.
- Place 1 nori sheet, shiny-side down, on a sushi mat. Using damp fingers, spread 1/4 rice mixture over nori. Sprinkle over 2 teaspoons sesame seeds. Cover rice with plastic wrap. Turn mat over so nori faces up. Slide plastic onto mat, nori-side up.
- Spread 1/4 mayonnaise along centre of nori. Arrange 1/4 capsicum, cucumber, carrot, avocado and asparagus over mayonnaise. Using mat, roll up firmly to form a roll. Unroll mat, keeping plastic intact.
- Cut roll into 8 slices. Remove and discard plastic. Repeat with remaining nori sheets, rice mixture, sesame seeds, mayonnaise, capsicum, cucumber, carrot and avocado to make 32 pieces. Serve.
- If you have left over seasame seeds, use them to garnish rolls.
x x x
Who would deny we live in the best city in the world . . .Melbourne. With always something new and exciting to do, different food to eat, great places to shop 😉 there is never a dull moment that goes by! The time has come again to celebrate and rejoice in film with the Melbourne International Film Festival almost here! For all the film enthusiasts in Melbourne this festival is for YOU! With 310 films from over 50 countries to choose from, you’re sure to be busy getting through all your favourites.
If you’re not quite the film fanatic but know someone who is, you can give the gift of film with an eMini Pass for the festival. This will enable the user to book 10 sessions online with an additional 3 sessions to be used before 5pm on weekdays.
This years festival is running from July 25th – August 11th with lots of scheduled times to select from.
Never a let down and always entertaining, for full details of this years MIFF visit the official website:
x x x
Who at some point has said, “I can’t cut my hair, I’m growing it!”? We know we definitely have!! The reality is that the longer you leave your hair growing without grooming, the more length you will have to cut off when you do eventually give the hair salon a visit . . . and then you’re back at square one (wanting long hair)!
We’ve put together a list of hair care tips that we’ve learnt from some of the best
in the industry to help you with growing a long and healthy mane:
- Maintain your locks with a trim every 6-8 weeks
- Use cream treatments suitable for your hair type to help repair and maintain your lush locks
- During the cooler months blondes should opt for a high lift tint to rest their hair from bleach products
- Use a thermal iconic hairdryer to cut down drying time which means less split ends from your hair being exposed to scorching heat
- Maintain your colour and condition of your hair by using the right products to suit your hair.
- Always use a heat protecting serum before applying heat to your hair, this will reduce the amount of split ends you get between visits to your hairdresser.
- Cut back on split ends and work with what you’ve got – find the right products to work with your hair naturally to avoid constantly using flat irons, curling tongs etc to style it.
A recent visit to the Builders Arms Hotel on Gertrude Street Fitzroy had us running to our keyboard to share this place with you!
Think casual and homely, yet stylish. We LOVED the vibe we got as soon as we walked in, it was warm and welcoming.
The tricky part was deciding what to order, wanting to order everything!!! Over all everything we did try was satisfying,
I would easily order it all again! Portion sizes for individual and share plates were all reasonable (didn’t leave hungry).
What we recommend to try:
- Crispy pork and school prawns
- Chickpea salad, marinated carrot, green chilli and shanklish
- Red duck curry
- Peppered Fillet steak, potato puree
- Roasted potatoes, garlic
- House chips
One of the master chefs behind the dishes at the Builders Arms Hotel is Andrew Mc Connell. He has also managed to impress us on a visit to Golden Fields (another great place we recommend) where he also is to credit for the amazing dishes there. Other restaurants he is linked to that you may have heard of include Cumulus Inc and Cutler & Co. Everything he touches turns to gold 😉
x x x
This time we’re not referring to what’s in season for our wardrobe but instead what’s in season for our fridge!! We’ve welcomed July with open arms and now it’s time to prepare for the month ahead. When you know exactly what is in season for produce, cooking is made easier. So we’ve done our research and know exactly what storms we can cook up this month!
Cooking In July
- Custard apples
- Fuji apples
- Navel oranges
- Pink lady apples
- Red delicious apples
- Brown onions
- Brussels sprouts
- Chinese greens
- Dutch carrots
- English spinach
- Gai lan (Chinese broccoli)
- Jerusalem artichokes
- Kumara or sweet potatoes
x x x
A HUGE guilty pleasure – YES
Will you regret it – NO
You are allowed a cheeky treat here and there aren’t you 😉 ?
This is just too good to resist so you might as well just enjoy it!
Caramel Dessert Muffins
- 100g caramel-filled chocolate block
- 2 cups plain flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 80g butter, melted
- Place chocolate in freezer for 1 hour or until frozen. Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease a non-stick, 12-hole, 1/3 cup-capacity muffin pan. Sift flour and baking powder into a large bowl. Add sugar and stir to combine. Make a well in the centre.
- Combine milk, egg and butter in a jug and pour into well. Using a large metal spoon, stir until just combined. Chop frozen chocolate and fold into batter. Fill muffins holes with batter 3 quarters of the way.
- Bake muffins for 20 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Allow muffins to cool in pan for 1 minute. Carefully transfer to plates.
- Make caramel sauce: Meanwhile, place butter and sugar in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring for 3 minutes or until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat and whisk in sour cream. Return pan to heat. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until sauce is heated through (do not boil).
- Serve warm muffins with warm sauce.
x x x
Leather is BACK at The Dressing Room, you don’t want to miss out on these!!
Only 1 left in each size, to secure your size call our team on 03 9388 8830 or visit us in store at
The Dressing Room – 45 Sydney Rd Brunswick VIC
“DIAMOND” Quilted Leather Bomber Jacket :
“DIAMOND” Quilted Contrast Bomber Jacket :
“TIGER” Biker Bomber Leather Jacket :
The Leather Bomber has ARRIVED!
x x x