Now whilst this might sound disgusting, it is really good for your skin! It’s a great DIY face mask with
minimal ingredients and no fancy tricks to make it work. We loved it, see what you think!
DIY FACE MASK
- 2 egg whites, separated from the yolk and placed in a bowl
- 2 tablespoons of Greek yogurt (or any plain yogurt)
- Combine egg whites with the 2 tablespoons of yogurt. Mix together well and apply to face. Leave on face for 5-10 minutes then rinse off with warm water, followed by a warm washcloth.
- Your skin should e left feeling soft and smooth!
Your skin should be left feeling soft and smooth!
We love supporting our local businesses ESPECIALLY when it comes to food 😉
Albert St Food & Wine
Albert St Food & Wine brings to the neighbourhood talent, passion and a love for local produce. Keeping it close to home doesn’t stop at the produce for this all day eatery with the furnishings also made locally using salvaged materials.
If you love food and you love wine then we highly recommend you check it out!
For more info visit www.albertst.com.au
Albert St Food & Wine
Corner of Albert St & 382 Sydney Rd
ph: (03) 8354 6600
x x x
Whilst some people squirm at the thought of mushrooms we drool with delight 🙂
At the moment we’re obsessed with baking stuffed mushrooms and this is one of our favourite ways to do so:
Baked Stuffed Mushrooms
- 4-6 large field mushrooms, stalks removed
- olive oil
- 3 cups (600g) ricotta
- 60g sun-dried tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped pitted kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup (20g) grated Parmesan
- 2 teaspoons chopped oregano
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley, plus extra for garnish
- salt and pepper
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Brush the mushrooms on both sides with olive oil. Place mushrooms, cavity-side up on a baking tray lined with non-stick baking paper.
- Combine the ricotta, sun-dried tomatoes, olives, parmesan, oregano, parsley, salt and pepper and egg in a large bowl.
- Divide the ricotta mixture between the mushroom cavities, piling the mixture roughly in the centre.
- Bake mushrooms for 15-20 minutes or until topping is golden and mushrooms are tender. Place on serving plate and sprinkle with extra chopped parsley. Serve with a green salad or toasted bread.
x x x
Ice-cream, ice-cream, we all scream for ice-cream!!
Just think of the fuzzy feeling you got in your tummy as a child when you would hear the ice-cream truck pull up in your street, or when mum would come home with a tub of Neapolitan ice cream.
If you were anything like us we would always try and pick the colours that would create the prettiest combo, and let’s be honest there was nothing prettier than a scoop of vanilla, strawberry & chocolate 😉
These soft, pretty colours used together are creating a nail trending combo!
How much do you LOVE ice-cream 😉 ?
x x x
We’ve been hearing about the goodness of super food quinoa for a while
now and have been dying to test it out as a side dish!
Walnut and Fetta Quinoa Salad
SERVES : 8
- 1 1/4 cups quinoa, rinsed, drained
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 stalks celery, halved, thinly sliced
- 150g Greek-style fetta, crumbled
- 1 cup roughly chopped walnuts, toasted
- 12 semi sun-dried tomatoes, drained, thickly sliced diagonally
- 1 cup roughly chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- Place quinoa and 2 1/2 cups cold water in a medium saucepan over high heat. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium. Simmer, covered, for 15 minutes or until water is absorbed and quinoa is tender. Transfer to a large plate to cool.
- Combine oil, lemon juice and garlic in a large serving bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Add quinoa and remaining ingredients. Toss gently to combine. Serve.
x x x
With such a buzz for The Great Gatsby at the moment,
we couldn’t resist getting into the spirit and sharing some our favourite hair and malke up “gatsby” inspired looks.
Attractive and effervescent style at its finest!
x x x
It may be getting cold outside, but the sales are getting HOT at The Dressing Room!!!
END OF SEASON SALE
Get them before they’re gone!
Addison Pants : RRP $129 SALE $79 also available in Marle & Black
Maple Leather Dress: RRP $259 SALE $199
Maple Leather Top: RRP $239 SALE $179
Lera Dress: RRP $129 SALE $59 also available in Khaki & Black
Khloe Mini Skirt: RRP $79 SALE $49 also available in Marle & Black
Rosalia Maxi Skirt: RRP $99 SALE $49
Splice Dress: RRP $129 SALE $59 also available in Black with Marle
Carla Silk Pants: RRP $189 SALE $129
Jasmine Dress: RRP $139 SALE $79 also available in Marle & Black
Misa Skirt: RRP $79 SALE $39 also available in Black
Shop these styles plus much more in store at our Brunswick boutique or online at:
x x x
This is a super easy and healthy snack to have prepared for when you have guests over.
For all the nut LOVERS our there (like us) you must try this.
Roasted Almonds and Chickpeas with Cumin Salt
- 2 x 400g cans chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 70ml extra virgin olive oil
- 250g natural almonds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 tsp flaked sea salt
- 2 tbs small rosemary sprigs
- Preheat oven to 250C. Pat chickpeas dry with paper towel, then place in a large roasting pan. Drizzle with 2 tbs oil and roast for 20 minutes, stirring halfway through cooking.
- Reduce oven to 180C. Stir almonds into pan with chickpeas, add remaining 1 1/2 tbs oil, cumin and salt, and roast for a further 10 minutes or until almonds are deep brown and chickpeas are crisp. Add rosemary and roast for a further 5 minutes or until crisp. Set aside to cool, then transfer to an airtight container until ready to serve.
If chickpeas or almonds aren’t your nut of choice swap them for anything you do enjoy and follow the same method 🙂
x x x