The Nail Frenzy starts tomorrow at Melbourne’s GPO
THE PARTY EDIT
From disco skirts to strapless peplum tops, this week we’re getting you ready to PARTY!
Our buyer’s favourite party pieces:
Shop this weeks buyer’s edit with 20% OFF only until this Sunday 4th November!
x x x
Even though we may not like to admit it, ‘Brynne’s Bedazzled Life’ has provided us with many giggles and is definitely entertaining! If you choose to switch it on, be prepared to enter what is now know as “Brynnderland” as this is no normal reality show! Brynne’s strawberry scented, glitter covered loveliness is constantly undermined by her mind boggling ditzy-ness. However she is harmless, honest and has a wardrobe FULL of crazy outfits!!
With halloween so close, there’s only one thing we are considering making as a naughty treat. . .
You’ll need 6 pairs of wooden chopsticks or 12 thin round wooden sticks.
- 2 small red apples, stalks removed
- 3 cups caster sugar
- 1/4 cup liquid glucose
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon red food colouring
- Wash apples in hot water to remove wax coating. Dry. Push 1 chopstick or stick in top of each apple, being careful not to push all the way through. Line 2 large baking trays with baking paper.
- Place sugar, 3/4 cup warm water, glucose and vinegar in a heavy-based saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring, for 5 to 7 minutes or until sugar has dissolved (don’t boil).
- Increase heat to medium-high. Bring to the boil. Cook, without stirring, for 15 to 20 minutes or until toffee reaches hard crack stage, brushing sides of pan with a pastry brush dipped in water to avoid crystallisation.
- Remove from heat. Tint red with food colouring. Stand for 30 seconds for bubbles to subside slightly. Working quickly, dip 1 apple into toffee, tilting pan to coat. Turn apple above pan to drain excess toffee. Stand apple on prepared tray. Repeat with remaining apples and toffee. Stand for 20 minutes or until set.
And you can always get creative, dip them in crushed nuts or 100’s and 1000’s!
Yes, remember when that iconic building went up and every one thought ‘gee that’s one ugly building!’
Well it’s been there for 10 years now,
and we’ve all been there for exhibitions, shows and concerts.
So this ugly building has gained a special place in our hearts
and it’s going to be a blast celebrating its birthday!
There’s plenty of special events organised for this week end,
but what’s got us ready to party is the guest appearance of Stonefield!
The sisters will be playing on the main stage between 5-7pm on Saturday 27th October
So throw on your leather jacket and come and dance!!
We certainly will be!
Time to frock up, the weekend is almost here!!!
Head into our GPO or Brunswick boutique this weekend for all your spring must haves!
HAPPY FRIDAY SHOPPING 😉
x x x
Get excited Melbournites!
The Taste Of Melbourne festival is nearly here,
so if you love a great meal and some good wine – this is the place to be!
The Plumm Wine Theatre
Where you can join wine experts and top winemakers for a program that divulges the secrets to matching food and wine, tutored tasting, cellaring tips and more.
The Malaysia Kitchen
Be inspired by a true cultural experience as you enjoy the diverse tastes of Malaysia with delicious authentic cuisine from some of Melbourne’s top Malaysian restaurants. And a guest appearance by Poh!
PLUS much, much more to do!
So whether your interested in sustainable living, enjoying a champagne master class or just strolling about and sampling some goodies – grab a taste of Melbourne’s culinary culture!
For more info visit the Taste Of Melbourne website.
x x x