The new range by DHALIA features a number of geometrically inspired prints, but right now we can’t seem to get enough of the Diamond. When Monroe famously said “Diamonds are a girl’s best friend”, she wasn’t messing around. And here at The Dressing Room, we’re wearing them on our pants, shirts and dresses. If you have stars is your eyes and want to wear diamonds on your sleeves, too, we suggest you have a peek at the range of diamond printed pieces in-store and online now.
In the words of Lana Del Rey, we’ve got Diamond’s in our eyes.
SARAH CONTRAST SHIFT DRESS IN DIAMOND AND BLACK
TAYLOR TSHIRT IN DIAMOND
ALEXIA MIDI SKIRT IN DIAMOND
Thank you, DHALIA, for making our diamond-dreams come true!
Feeling forever chilly and in need of a pick-me-up? A visit to The Dressing Room is sure to banish the winter blues! Especially when we’re offering to warm you up with 30% off all women’s clothing.
TOP 5 SHOP GIRL SALE EDIT:
Visit us at 45 Sydney Rd Brunswick or jump onto our online store to avoid being caught in the cold without these winter must-haves!
1. Stevie Leather Jacket in Toffee – This jacket was named with good reason, it’s soft, supple texture and warm, caramel tones makes it look good enough to eat! A more refined cut, the Stevie says sophisticated with a hint of honey.
2. Lola Legging in Black Triangle Print – Whether you’re running out the door in your gym gear or need something to wear underneath a simple, black dress, the Lola Leggings are a never-fail. They are that one item of clothing you find yourself wearing with everything: durable, comfortable and cute!
3. Dina Leather Jacket in Black – The Dina is one of our favorites to hit the store this season. The perforated panels and draped style gives it the look of a blazer but with the wow-factor of leather. Dare to be different? We also have the Dina in white!
4. Hola T-shirt in Vintage Stonewash – Hola! The kind of tee that brightens your day as soon as you slip it on. This super soft, dipped hem shirt pairs perfectly with jeans – and looks mighty fine underneath both the Stevie and Dina Jacket.
5. Carla Pant in Picasso Print – Embrace your inner artist and rock these painterly pants either casually or dressed up. Their lightweight style makes them perfect for traveling – scrunch them up in your suitcase and then pair them with some heels for instant evening glam!
Don’t forget to enter our sale code winter30 at the online checkout! Happy sale shopping.
The Dressing Room
It’s been a pretty topical question in and around the shop this week. Mothers, daughters, husbands and sons will waltz through the door, eyes peeled for the perfect gift, musing: ‘What exactly am I going to do for mum this Mothers Day?’
Conversations about flowers, chocolates and new perfumes have had us thinking: is there a gift large enough to thank mum for being mum? After packing school lunches, ferrying us from soccer practice to ballet and being that ever-present shoulder to cry on, we think not. But we’ve managed to pull together a few ideas that will help to show mum just how amazing she is.
- Take her on an adventure. While it’s easy to get comfortable in our urban surroundings with coffee at the fingertips and retail therapy around every corner, taking the road less traveled out of town always leads to some fun discoveries. Whether it’s wining and dining in the Yarra Valley, stepping out of reality and into a Daylesford Spa or packing a picnic and taking a hike through one of our national parks, jumping in the car with little more than a map shows that despite the activity, spending time together is one of the most valuable gifts.
- Host a High Tea. What could be more fun than making Mothers Day a group affair? Throw on the apron, send out invitations and bring the tea set out of the china cupboard because it’s time to play hostess with the mostest. One thing your mum will love just as much as spending time with you is sharing her special day with friends. The more the merrier we say!
- Get crafty. There’s nothing that says ‘i love you’ more than some serious creative effort. Whether it’s a home made card, knitted scarf, hand painted vase, photo collage or her favorite home cooked meal, major brownie points are up for grabs in the crafty department this Mothers Day. It’s one of those instances where ‘thought’ speaks louder than ‘bought.’
- Have a girl’s night in. Nobody is ever too old for slumber parties, especially when they involve old school chick flicks, avocado face masks and salted caramel ice cream. Invite mum over, pull on the PJ’s and get stuck into the pampering. Nothing will make mum feel 17 again like a good gossip and a sleepover party.
- Visit The Dressing Room! Still stuck for a gift idea? Luckily, we love our mums just as much as you do! Pop in to the shop next week or visit our online store at any time to check out the super cute range of clothing, homewares, accessories and other treats bound to put a smile on any mums face. And don’t forget to enter our Mothers Day giveaway! To win a Dressing Room gift pack valued at $150, upload a photo via Instagram of you and your mum OR you with your child, hash tag #tdrmum @thedressingroom to be in with a chance to win!
Happy Mum’s Day preparations!
The Dressing Room.
You may have noticed the blog has been a little dormant lately. But while our blogging presence has been on vacation, our Sydney Road store has been bursting with activity. Our Instagram account and Online Store are never asleep either! We’ve been busy little bee’s, working on a number of new and exciting things we can’t wait to share with you all. Keep an eye on this space for updates on what we’re up to, along with notifications about new stock and sales, trend reports, DIY project ideas, stuff-to-do guides and a whole lot more!
And, just as if our blogs awakening is not exciting enough, we thought we’d celebrate with the thing shoppers like best… Did somebody say sale?
Pop into our Sydney Road store today or tomorrow or visit our online store at ANYTIME to get 30 per cent off all women’s wear, children’s clothing and leather jackets. But hurry, the sale ends in store tomorrow at 6pm, and at 11:59pm online and we’d hate for you to miss out!
We’re so excited to be back in touch. Stay tuned for a bunch of fun and fabulous updates, and be sure to swing by the store for a chat and a peek at what we’ve been up to!
The Dressing Room.
These look fun and taste great, there’s even a possibility of sneaking in some extra veggies without the kids knowing 😉
If you’re looking for a healthy snack be sure to give these a go (they are easier to make then they look)!
Inside Out Veggie Rolls
PREP: 30 minutes
- 1 cup sushi rice
- 1/4 cup Obento mirin seasoning
- 4 asparagus spears, trimmed
- 4 nori sheets
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons whole-egg mayonnaise
- 1/2 small yellow capsicum, thinly sliced
- 1/2 Lebanese cucumber, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 small carrot, peeled, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 medium avocado, thinly sliced
- Make sushi rice: Rinse and drain rice 3 times or until water runs clear. Place rice in sieve over a bowl. Set aside for 10 minutes to drain.
- Place rice and 1 cup cold water in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cover. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, covered, for 12 minutes or until water has been absorbed. Remove from heat. Stand, covered, for 10 minutes.
- Transfer rice to a large ceramic dish. Using a spatula, stir rice to break up lumps. Gradually add seasoning, lifting and turning rice, until rice has cooled.
- Bring a small saucepan of water to the boil over high heat. Cook asparagus for 2 minutes or until bright green and tender. Drain. Refresh in a bowl of chilled water. Drain.
- Place 1 nori sheet, shiny-side down, on a sushi mat. Using damp fingers, spread 1/4 rice mixture over nori. Sprinkle over 2 teaspoons sesame seeds. Cover rice with plastic wrap. Turn mat over so nori faces up. Slide plastic onto mat, nori-side up.
- Spread 1/4 mayonnaise along centre of nori. Arrange 1/4 capsicum, cucumber, carrot, avocado and asparagus over mayonnaise. Using mat, roll up firmly to form a roll. Unroll mat, keeping plastic intact.
- Cut roll into 8 slices. Remove and discard plastic. Repeat with remaining nori sheets, rice mixture, sesame seeds, mayonnaise, capsicum, cucumber, carrot and avocado to make 32 pieces. Serve.
- If you have left over seasame seeds, use them to garnish rolls.
x x x
Who would deny we live in the best city in the world . . .Melbourne. With always something new and exciting to do, different food to eat, great places to shop 😉 there is never a dull moment that goes by! The time has come again to celebrate and rejoice in film with the Melbourne International Film Festival almost here! For all the film enthusiasts in Melbourne this festival is for YOU! With 310 films from over 50 countries to choose from, you’re sure to be busy getting through all your favourites.
If you’re not quite the film fanatic but know someone who is, you can give the gift of film with an eMini Pass for the festival. This will enable the user to book 10 sessions online with an additional 3 sessions to be used before 5pm on weekdays.
This years festival is running from July 25th – August 11th with lots of scheduled times to select from.
Never a let down and always entertaining, for full details of this years MIFF visit the official website:
x x x
Who at some point has said, “I can’t cut my hair, I’m growing it!”? We know we definitely have!! The reality is that the longer you leave your hair growing without grooming, the more length you will have to cut off when you do eventually give the hair salon a visit . . . and then you’re back at square one (wanting long hair)!
We’ve put together a list of hair care tips that we’ve learnt from some of the best
in the industry to help you with growing a long and healthy mane:
- Maintain your locks with a trim every 6-8 weeks
- Use cream treatments suitable for your hair type to help repair and maintain your lush locks
- During the cooler months blondes should opt for a high lift tint to rest their hair from bleach products
- Use a thermal iconic hairdryer to cut down drying time which means less split ends from your hair being exposed to scorching heat
- Maintain your colour and condition of your hair by using the right products to suit your hair.
- Always use a heat protecting serum before applying heat to your hair, this will reduce the amount of split ends you get between visits to your hairdresser.
- Cut back on split ends and work with what you’ve got – find the right products to work with your hair naturally to avoid constantly using flat irons, curling tongs etc to style it.
A recent visit to the Builders Arms Hotel on Gertrude Street Fitzroy had us running to our keyboard to share this place with you!
Think casual and homely, yet stylish. We LOVED the vibe we got as soon as we walked in, it was warm and welcoming.
The tricky part was deciding what to order, wanting to order everything!!! Over all everything we did try was satisfying,
I would easily order it all again! Portion sizes for individual and share plates were all reasonable (didn’t leave hungry).
What we recommend to try:
- Crispy pork and school prawns
- Chickpea salad, marinated carrot, green chilli and shanklish
- Red duck curry
- Peppered Fillet steak, potato puree
- Roasted potatoes, garlic
- House chips
One of the master chefs behind the dishes at the Builders Arms Hotel is Andrew Mc Connell. He has also managed to impress us on a visit to Golden Fields (another great place we recommend) where he also is to credit for the amazing dishes there. Other restaurants he is linked to that you may have heard of include Cumulus Inc and Cutler & Co. Everything he touches turns to gold 😉
x x x