This is a super easy and healthy snack to have prepared for when you have guests over.
For all the nut LOVERS our there (like us) you must try this.
Roasted Almonds and Chickpeas with Cumin Salt
- 2 x 400g cans chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 70ml extra virgin olive oil
- 250g natural almonds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 tsp flaked sea salt
- 2 tbs small rosemary sprigs
- Preheat oven to 250C. Pat chickpeas dry with paper towel, then place in a large roasting pan. Drizzle with 2 tbs oil and roast for 20 minutes, stirring halfway through cooking.
- Reduce oven to 180C. Stir almonds into pan with chickpeas, add remaining 1 1/2 tbs oil, cumin and salt, and roast for a further 10 minutes or until almonds are deep brown and chickpeas are crisp. Add rosemary and roast for a further 5 minutes or until crisp. Set aside to cool, then transfer to an airtight container until ready to serve.
If chickpeas or almonds aren’t your nut of choice swap them for anything you do enjoy and follow the same method 🙂
x x x