A little cheeky treat to enjoy on this Sunday afternoon. This one is strictly for the grown ups 😉
Watermelon Double Punch
- Half a big watermelon cut into pieces
- 1/2 bottle vodka (or to your preference)
- 1 bottle champagne
- 1 bottle ginger ale
- 1 bottle orange juice
1. Soak the watermelon in the vodka for a couple of hours.
2. Add the watermelon and all the other ingredients into a punch bowl.
3. Mix and serve. Top up when required with equal proportions of each ingredient.
TIP – you can add slices of orange for extra flavour.
Whether your hosting a Christmas do, or spending a Sunday with the girls…
this Punch will liven up any gathering!
Pineapple Rum Punch
- 1/4 (500g) medium pineapple, peeled
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- 4 whole cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 3cm piece fresh ginger, peeled, coarsely grated
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 x 5cm strips lime rind
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 1/4 cups white rum
- 1 1/2 litres soda water, chilled
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
- 3 cups ice-cubes
- Finely chop 100g pineapple. Thinly slice remaining pineapple and cut into triangles. Set aside.
- Step 2Place finely chopped pineapple, sugar, cloves, cinnamon stick, ginger, nutmeg, lime rind, juice and 3/4 cup cold water in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring, for 4 minutes or until sugar dissolves. Bring to the boil. Simmer for 5 minutes or until slightly thickened. Strain mixture into a bowl. Discard solids. Set aside to cool completely.
- Step 3Place syrup, rum, soda water, reserved pineapple, mint and ice-cubes in a jug. Gently stir to combine. Serve immediately.
Hosting a New Years bash??
A yummy punch all the adults can enjoy, you can’t go wrong with a Summer Sangria!
Ingredients (serves approx 6)
- 1 orange
- 1 lemon
- 1 lime
- 1 medium apple, peeled, cored and sliced
- 1 cup pineapple chunks
- 200ml (3/4 cup) brandy
- 1bottle (750ml)dry red wine
- 1 can (375ml) soft drink of your choice
- 250ml (1 cup) orange juice
1. Slice the orange, lemon, and lime into thin rounds and place in a jug with the chopped apple and pineapple. Pour in the brandy and refrigerate for 2 hours. Chill the bottle of red wine, soft drink and orange juice at the same time.
2. Gently crush the fruits with a spoon, then stir in the red wine, soft drink, and orange juice. Add additional brandy or orange juice to taste.