It’s been a pretty topical question in and around the shop this week. Mothers, daughters, husbands and sons will waltz through the door, eyes peeled for the perfect gift, musing: ‘What exactly am I going to do for mum this Mothers Day?’
Conversations about flowers, chocolates and new perfumes have had us thinking: is there a gift large enough to thank mum for being mum? After packing school lunches, ferrying us from soccer practice to ballet and being that ever-present shoulder to cry on, we think not. But we’ve managed to pull together a few ideas that will help to show mum just how amazing she is.
- Take her on an adventure. While it’s easy to get comfortable in our urban surroundings with coffee at the fingertips and retail therapy around every corner, taking the road less traveled out of town always leads to some fun discoveries. Whether it’s wining and dining in the Yarra Valley, stepping out of reality and into a Daylesford Spa or packing a picnic and taking a hike through one of our national parks, jumping in the car with little more than a map shows that despite the activity, spending time together is one of the most valuable gifts.
- Host a High Tea. What could be more fun than making Mothers Day a group affair? Throw on the apron, send out invitations and bring the tea set out of the china cupboard because it’s time to play hostess with the mostest. One thing your mum will love just as much as spending time with you is sharing her special day with friends. The more the merrier we say!
- Get crafty. There’s nothing that says ‘i love you’ more than some serious creative effort. Whether it’s a home made card, knitted scarf, hand painted vase, photo collage or her favorite home cooked meal, major brownie points are up for grabs in the crafty department this Mothers Day. It’s one of those instances where ‘thought’ speaks louder than ‘bought.’
- Have a girl’s night in. Nobody is ever too old for slumber parties, especially when they involve old school chick flicks, avocado face masks and salted caramel ice cream. Invite mum over, pull on the PJ’s and get stuck into the pampering. Nothing will make mum feel 17 again like a good gossip and a sleepover party.
- Visit The Dressing Room! Still stuck for a gift idea? Luckily, we love our mums just as much as you do! Pop in to the shop next week or visit our online store at any time to check out the super cute range of clothing, homewares, accessories and other treats bound to put a smile on any mums face. And don’t forget to enter our Mothers Day giveaway! To win a Dressing Room gift pack valued at $150, upload a photo via Instagram of you and your mum OR you with your child, hash tag #tdrmum @thedressingroom to be in with a chance to win!
Happy Mum’s Day preparations!
The Dressing Room.