A HUGE guilty pleasure – YES
Will you regret it – NO
You are allowed a cheeky treat here and there aren’t you 😉 ?
This is just too good to resist so you might as well just enjoy it!
Caramel Dessert Muffins
- 100g caramel-filled chocolate block
- 2 cups plain flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 80g butter, melted
- Place chocolate in freezer for 1 hour or until frozen. Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease a non-stick, 12-hole, 1/3 cup-capacity muffin pan. Sift flour and baking powder into a large bowl. Add sugar and stir to combine. Make a well in the centre.
- Combine milk, egg and butter in a jug and pour into well. Using a large metal spoon, stir until just combined. Chop frozen chocolate and fold into batter. Fill muffins holes with batter 3 quarters of the way.
- Bake muffins for 20 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Allow muffins to cool in pan for 1 minute. Carefully transfer to plates.
- Make caramel sauce: Meanwhile, place butter and sugar in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring for 3 minutes or until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat and whisk in sour cream. Return pan to heat. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until sauce is heated through (do not boil).
- Serve warm muffins with warm sauce.
x x x