Lime & pepper vietnamese chicken salad
- 2 (about 200g each) chicken breast fillets, halved lengthways
- 60ml (1/4 cup) fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp finely grated lime rind
- 1 long red chilli, seeded, finely chopped
- 1 tbs fish sauce
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbs brown sugar
- 200g green round beans, trimmed, cut into 3cm lengths
- 2 baby cos lettuces, trimmed, shredded
- 200g punnet grape tomatoes, halved
- 110g (2 cups) trimmed bean sprouts
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
- Olive oil spray
- Place chicken in a glass or ceramic dish. Combine lime juice and rind, chilli, fish sauce, pepper and sugar in a bowl. Add half the mixture to chicken. Turn to coat. Marinate for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook beans in a saucepan of boiling water for 3 minutes or until bright green and tender-crisp. Refresh under cold running water. Drain. Combine beans, lettuce, tomato, bean sprouts and mint in a large bowl.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan on high. Spray with oil. Cook chicken for 2-3 minutes each side or until cooked through. Thickly slice.
- Drizzle remaining lime juice mixture over salad and toss to combine. Divide salad among plates and top with chicken.