Whether your hosting a Christmas do, or spending a Sunday with the girls…
this Punch will liven up any gathering!
Pineapple Rum Punch
- 1/4 (500g) medium pineapple, peeled
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- 4 whole cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 3cm piece fresh ginger, peeled, coarsely grated
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 x 5cm strips lime rind
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 1/4 cups white rum
- 1 1/2 litres soda water, chilled
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
- 3 cups ice-cubes
- Finely chop 100g pineapple. Thinly slice remaining pineapple and cut into triangles. Set aside.
- Step 2Place finely chopped pineapple, sugar, cloves, cinnamon stick, ginger, nutmeg, lime rind, juice and 3/4 cup cold water in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring, for 4 minutes or until sugar dissolves. Bring to the boil. Simmer for 5 minutes or until slightly thickened. Strain mixture into a bowl. Discard solids. Set aside to cool completely.
- Step 3Place syrup, rum, soda water, reserved pineapple, mint and ice-cubes in a jug. Gently stir to combine. Serve immediately.