Why not try something different in your morning routine?
Quinoa is a great (and much more yummy) substitute for porridge!
Apricot, Cranberry and Pistachio Quinoa
- 1 1/2 cups quinoa, rinsed, drained (see note)
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup dried apricots, chopped
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/3 cup pistachio kernels, coarsely chopped
- Honey, to serve
- Combine quinoa and 4 cups cold water in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cook, covered, for 10 minutes.
- Stir in milk, apricot and cranberries. Cook, covered, for 10 minutes or until quinoa is tender. Stir in sugar.
- Spoon porridge into bowls. Sprinkle with pistachios. Drizzle with honey. Serve.