Who doesn’t LOVE the whole Masterchef epidemic? We’ve fully embraced it and all it’s delicious glory!
An easy recipe we love, straight from the Masterchef kitchen :
Harissa chicken skewers with sheeps milk yoghurt raita
- 2 tablespoons dry harissa spice mix, toasted
- 200g 200g sheeps milk yoghurt
- 500g chicken thigh fillets, cut into thick strips
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- 300ml 300ml sheeps milk yoghurt
- ½ cucumber grated and drained
- Lemon juice, to taste
- Coriander leaves, to serve
1. Mix harissa and yoghurt in a glass bowl and stir well to combine.
2. Place chicken in a bowl, add harissa yoghurt, stir to coat, cover and allow to marinate in the fridge. Thread pieces of chicken onto pre-soaked bamboo skewers.
3. Preheat a greased barbeque plate or grill plate on medium-high heat, cook for 3-4 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
4. For raita, place spices in a small frying pan and cook over medium heat until toasted. Transfer to a bowl with remaining ingredients and stir to combine. Season with salt, pepper and lemon juice to taste.
5. To serve, arrange cooked skewers on a serving plate, garnish with coriander and raita.
x x x