No need to spend hours in the kitchen.
You can create a pasta delight in just 30 minutes
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 150g thickly sliced pancetta, cut into thin matchsticks or cubed
- 500g tagliatelle
- 6 free-range egg yolks
- 100ml thickened cream
- 30g unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped, plus extra to serve
- 2/3 cup (50g) grated pecorino
- 2/3 cup (50g) grated parmesan, plus extra to serve
- Heat oil in a large non-stick fry pan over medium heat, add the pancetta and cook for 10 minutes until it starts to crisp.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water according. Drain.
- Lightly whisk eggs and cream in a bowl.
- Add the butter and parsley to pancetta, then add pasta and cheeses and toss well to combine.
- Remove the pan from the heat and quickly add the cream mixture. Toss gently to combine – the pasta’s heat will cook the egg slightly and form a creamy sauce.
- Season, then serve with extra parmesan and parsley.