Winter seems to be the season of craving chocolate,
so we’ve found the bite sized solution!
Rug up next to the fire and nibble on some homemade Chocolate Rum Balls!
Chocolate Rum Balls
- 1/4 cup (50g) chopped raisins
- 1/4 cup (60ml) dark rum
- 3/4 cup (65g) desiccated coconut
- 2 cups (about 300g) chocolate cake crumbs
- 1/4 cup (60ml) sweetened condensed milk
- Chocolate sprinkles, to coat
- Combine the raisins and 1 tablespoon of the rum in a small saucepan over low heat. Bring to a simmer. Remove from heat and set aside for 5 minutes to macerate.
- Place the raisin mixture, remaining rum, coconut, cake crumbs and condensed milk in a medium bowl and stir until well combined.
- Line an oven tray with baking paper. Roll tablespoonfuls of mixture into balls and place on the lined tray.
- Place the chocolate sprinkles on a plate. Roll each rum ball in sprinkles to coat. Place in an airtight container and store in the fridge.
You could even try something a little CRAZY and go for 100’s and 1000’s instead!