Baked Cheesecake with Roasted Rhubarb
Ingredients (serves 12)
- 250g pkt granita biscuits, coarsely broken
- 100g butternut biscuits, coarsely broken
- 200g butter, melted
- 500g cream cheese, softened
- 300g ctn sour cream
- 1/2 cup (100g) caster sugar
- 180g pkt white chocolate, chopped
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons finely grated orange rind
- Roasted rhubarb
- 2 bunches rhubarb
- 1 cup (200g) caster sugar
- 1/2 cup (125ml) water
- 1/2 cup (125ml) orange juice
- 1 vanilla bean, split
- 3 cardamom pods, bruised
- Line the base of a 20cm (top measurement) spring form pan with baking paper. Place the biscuits in the bowl of a food processor and process until finely crushed. Add the butter and process until well combined. Transfer mixture to the prepared pan and use a glass to press the crumb mixture firmly over the base and side of the pan. Place in the fridge for 30 minutes to set.
- Meanwhile, to make the roasted rhubarb, preheat oven to 160C. Use a sharp knife to cut the rhubarb on the angle into 5cm lengths. Place in a roasting pan. Sprinkle the sugar over the rhubarb. Add the water, orange juice, vanilla bean and cardamom. Roast in preheated oven, gently turning once, for 20 minutes or until rhubarb is tender by still holds its shape. Remove from heat. Transfer the rhubarb to a bowl. Place the syrup in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Cook for 5-10 minutes or until syrup thickens. Drizzle over the rhubarb. Place in the fridge to cool completely.
- Place the cream cheese, sour cream and sugar in the bowl of a food processor and process until mixture is smooth. Add the white chocolate, eggs and orange rind and process until just combined.
- Place the prepared biscuit base on an oven tray. Pour the filling into the base. Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour or until just set. Turn off the oven and leave the cheesecake in the oven, with the door ajar, for 1 hour or until cooled completely. Loosely cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge to chill.
- Place the cheesecake on a serving plate. Top with rhubarb and any extra syrup. Serve immediately.