Apples and caramel. . not just a great colour palette, but also a yummy desert!
Caramel – Apple Muffins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 2 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup apples, peeled and finely diced
- 3/4 cup diced caramel candy squares (about 12)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease muffin tins or line with paper cups.
In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
In another bowl, combine egg and milk. Stir in butter and vanilla extract. Add flour mixture and stir just to blend. Stir in apples and caramels. Divide batter evenly among prepared cups. Bake for 25 minutes or until tops spring back when lightly pressed.
Makes 12 muffins.